The deadline for resume submittal is April 1, 2013. All interested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Vancouver Timbers Soccer Club
The Administrative Assistant (AA) will uphold the mission statement, constitution, code of ethics of the Vancouver Timbers (VT) Soccer Club. The purpose of the role is to provide office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies and monitoring administrative projects. The AA will primarily serve the interests of the General Manager (GM) and the Directors of Coaching (DOC’s). This position will require approximately 30 hours per week (depending on season), and will report directly to the GM. Pay is $15/hour. Position will be located in the new office at the Harmony Sports Complex.
Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
· Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
· Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
· Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
· Places web articles and content onto the club’s website supplied by club coaches and administrators
· Helps with club communications such as creating electronic newsletters and club wide emailings.
· Assists with club game scheduling and referee coordination and winter light arrangements
· Helps organize club events such as tryouts and club night, U23 game, PTFC game auction, and tournament support
· Supports General Manager and Directors of Coaching in their communications and documentation
· Works with team managers and representatives and assists them in answering questions regarding team banking, fundraising and other monetary items.
· Receives approved vendor invoices and expense reports from General Manager and processes for payments in QuickBooks. Assists vendors with questions regarding any payment issues on past due invoices.
· Reimburses Vancouver Timbers teams for donations the club receives on their behalf.
· Reviews the Registrar weekly report on credit card deposit activity and updates QuickBooks by coding revenue to the appropriate category.
· Files and retains timesheets from all employees and summarizes and remits information to payroll company. Record payroll expenses from payroll reports in Quick Books every two weeks to ensure accounts are up to date.
· Provides information by answering questions and requests.
· Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
· Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Candidates will have a combination of the following skills or equivalents
Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Basic Accounting/Bookkeeping (use of QuickBooks), Verbal Communication, web content management skills such as Photoshop (optional)
The Candidate will have worked in an office administrative environment or equivalent for two years or more.